Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Bit of a Wrap Up

OlivesImage by Erik Hartberg via Flickr Unfortunately, with Maya being sick I didn't have time to do the things I wanted to. But. fortunately, I am still on my no sending path. Or, at least, the spending only the bare essentials. And a bit more...just for the fun.
So, I didn't do any meal planning or inventories, but because I am staying at home with Maya, it means I don't spend money, either!
On Friday we went to Tel Aviv, to Shouk (market) Ha Carmel, because here in Ashdod it is impossible to find heads of pickled cabbage (the best when one wants to make stuffed cabbage). On account of being Friday, it was also the day when on the near-by alley like streets the Tel Aviv's artists came to sells whatever they are making. There are also street artists and Maya enjoyed so much watching them...
Then, we went to a nice Indian eatery - "24 rupees", where they make cheap vegetarian thali. The place is nice, you have to take off your shoes at the door and you sit on an assortment of mismatched matresses, pillows and such. The place attracts a lot of young couples with kids Maya's age or smaller, because you don't have to worry about the kids there, the babies crawl on the carpets, the older ones have games and toys (pretty old and battered, but still usable).
So, we had a nice, fun filled day and we didn't spend much...
Of course, I forgot my camera at home, so no pictures...sorry...But I am sure we'll have a repeat on this one, so you'll see photos, too.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment